Sunday, September 29, 2013

Let me help tell your story that's waiting to be told

Amanda Winkle: Skilled in writing, editing, social media, storytelling and breaking news
 

Connect with me on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Pinterest | LinkedIn | Tumblr
 

I’m not afraid of hard work.

When I was nine years old, I had my first job at a national pizza chain. That’s right: My mom, who was the general manager of the store, put me to work as a hostess. (Don’t worry – she wasn’t breaking child labor laws. It was “Take Your Daughter to Work Day.”) Before I went to work with her, I didn’t realize why she would get home late each night and put in long hours each week. Once I saw firsthand that she was the boss of a successful store, it showed me that hard work pays off.


 
I see what I want and I never give up until I get it.

I knew I always wanted to tell stories for a living and I knew I wanted to continue my education and I’m living out both of those dreams. I’m a working journalist and I am also working online toward a Master's degree in Mass Communications with a concentration in Social Media with the University of Florida. I can cover whatever you or your company needs -- I can write, edit, craft a social media strategy and tackle breaking news. Anyone I've worked with can tell you I bring a fun, optimistic "can-do" spirit to each project I’m part of. Pinterest board: Here's why you want me in your corner
 


 
I embrace new opportunities.

Some people are afraid to try new things. I am not. Well, let me rephrase that: I may be afraid of trying new things, but I do them anyway. I've covered presidential campaign rallies, golf tournaments and TV show home makeovers. I've told the stories of dog walkers, American Idol contestants and soldier homecomings. Now it's your turn. Let me tell the story of you or your business through words, images and social media.

No comments:

Post a Comment